Rumor: Portland working on a trade

Re: Rumor: Portland working on a trade

Postby blazersinsider on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:24 pm

I had the "pleasure" of seeing many NJ games on TV last season (all the games are on TV here). Courtney Lee was mediocre at best -- he couldn't consistently hit 3s and he scored 12 pts a game; considering he played 33 mins for a truly terrible team, those aren't good numbers. Anthony Morrow seems comparable to Lee as far as value/desirability (better shooter, worse all-around player), though I admit I haven't seen Morrow play more than a couple times. They also have SG-SF Williams, who had a good rookie year and could challenge for the starting spot.

But, given that, if Morrow is roughly comparable to Lee, it seems that Rudy would have a legit shot to be the starting SG, not just the backup, especially if he has a good showing at FIBA. (I could be totally off on the Morrow-Lee comparison, please correct me if I'm off.) On the other hand, with Morrow (and Williams, depending where the Nets slot him in) at SG, they may have more glaring needs to attend to...
blazersinsider
Star

Postby Toby on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:53 am

Rudy! Rudy would love to play for New Jersey. Who drew the coaching ticket there? Avery??
Boom, there ya go. AJ would love Fernandez. He can pass, dribble and shoot.
That's worth a draft pick isn't it? Heck, second rounder and some cash. Pritchard conviced Allen to drain his account a little, in order to get Rudy over here, just so he could quit. Blazers just need to dig out of a hole is all. Not like it;s the first time or anything. But Rudy's a good player, all the screaming fans at the IZOD center would get a kick outta Rudy. Especially when he hits like 6 threes in a row.
Toby
Asst GM

Postby Hermistonmellons on Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:58 am

On the Chicago Trade, I was hoping to get more for Pendy!!!!
Hermistonmellons
Keeper of the Faith

Postby nikolokolus on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:43 am

Toby wrote:Rudy! Rudy would love to play for New Jersey. Who drew the coaching ticket there? Avery??
Boom, there ya go. AJ would love Fernandez. He can pass, dribble and shoot.
That's worth a draft pick isn't it? Heck, second rounder and some cash. Pritchard conviced Allen to drain his account a little, in order to get Rudy over here, just so he could quit. Blazers just need to dig out of a hole is all. Not like it;s the first time or anything. But Rudy's a good player, all the screaming fans at the IZOD center would get a kick outta Rudy. Especially when he hits like 6 threes in a row.

So would that be like all 10 or 12 of them? ...
nikolokolus
Rookie

Postby discovery69 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:04 am

I heard Miami and Orlando are back talking to Portland again.

Miami is rumored to be offering Mario Chalmers (PG) and Drexler Pittman (C) for Rudy.

Orlando is rumored to be offering Daniel Orton & future 1st for Rudy & Portland 2nd.

I would be surprised if Rudy ends up at Miami. For Orlando if they are offering Daniel Orton, he maybe an interesting player to bring over and learn from Camby.

I would hope that Cho is talking to Sacramento as the Kings are looking for another SG.
discovery69
ClubBlazers.com Administrator

Postby Toby on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:29 am

discovery69 wrote:I heard Miami and Orlando are back talking to Portland again.

Miami is rumored to be offering Mario Chalmers (PG) and Drexler Pittman (C) for Rudy.

Orlando is rumored to be offering Daniel Orton & future 1st for Rudy & Portland 2nd.

I would be surprised if Rudy ends up at Miami. For Orlando if they are offering Daniel Orton, he maybe an interesting player to bring over and learn from Camby.

I would hope that Cho is talking to Sacramento as the Kings are looking for another SG.

Say whaaa??
DUDE! Chalmers led the league in steals. If there's ever a Nate type of player, there ya' go.
Toby
Asst GM

Postby Khazim on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:21 am

discovery69 wrote:I heard Miami and Orlando are back talking to Portland again.

I would take either of those trades and be a very happy man.
Khazim
Bench

Postby SteelBlazer on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:23 am

I agree with Khazim...
SteelBlazer
Star

Postby ChiBullsFan on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:53 am

For the rest of the league, don't send Rudy to Miami :boo:

I don't understand why Orlando would do it. They already have Reddick, Pietrus, Carter at SG/SF.
ChiBullsFan
Rookie

Postby Dogmont on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:15 am

SteelBlazer wrote:I agree with Khazim...

+1
Dogmont
Rookie

Postby Dogmont on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:21 am

Dang! What have I done? What if we don't trade Rudy for an entire year and I get stuck with this avatar...
Last edited by Dogmont on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogmont
Rookie

Postby discovery69 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Cho is having more teams coming back with other offers because of rookie contracts being available over the next month and the fact that Rudy has played well in the FIBA World Cup exhibition games.
    Miami - Dexler Pittman (8/16/10) and Patrick Beverley (9/2/10)
    Orlando - Daniel Orton (available now)

Other teams that are looking for a SG with rookie contracts:
    Sacramento - Hassan Whiteside (available)
    Washington - Kevin Seraphin (8/19/10)

I think the one thing Cho needs to tell Rudy is keep his mouth shut as he was quoted in a Spanish newspaper this last week as saying that he is 50-50 with returning to Europe after his NBA contract expires if he can't find playing time.
discovery69
ClubBlazers.com Administrator

Postby ChiBullsFan on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:48 pm

Why would these teams take Rudy if they aren't on his list? They aren't afraid of him bolting?
Say the Bulls finally offer the 1st rounder, does the deal get done or did these other possibilities kick them out of the Rudy talks?
ChiBullsFan
Rookie

Postby Fez on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:30 pm

If a draft pick and cap space is all it took Rudy would have been traded on draft night.

My gut feeling is Rudy will end up with an entirely different team than the rumored teams. What Chicago is supposedly offering is not appealing, same with Boston.
Fez
Starter

Postby ebott on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:52 am

I like the idea of trading rudy for chalmers. But I'm a bitter spiteful old man. There's no way in "[Swearing is not permitted at ClubBlazers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]" I'm rewarding rudy for his complaining by sending him to Miami.
ebott
Rookie

Previous

Return to Blazers Discussion